How is Five Great Vows Of Lord Mahavira connected with Goal Based financial Planning
At the heart of right conduct for Jains lie the five great vows:
1. Nonviolence (Ahimsa) – not to cause harm to any living beings – if one is investing for his or her goals he is Practicing Non violence because his dreams will not perish and not die
2. Truthfulness (Satya) – to speak the harmless truth only- when someone is truthful to his dreams and goals . He is aware of the truth and working on it will ensure not harming self and near and dear ones
3. Non-stealing (Asteya) – not to take anything not properly given- When small amt is saved every month for goals . Emergency funds is also kept aside ( requirement of a goal based financial plan ) , there is. I need to steel and tell untruth
4. Chastity (Brahmacharya) – not to indulge in sensual pleasure- save 50% of the earnings for Goals . Spend less and stop unnecessary expenses leads to exclusion of sensual pleasure .
5. Non-possession/ Non-attachment (Aparigraha) – complete detachment from people, places, and material things. Once you have planned and kept aside the for your goals getting detached with the results is the key . One has to save for goals as if it is just his or her duty (Karma) . The saving is for a cause like child education, Child marriage , retirement , emergency fund , vacations for parents and family or owning a house . Non possession never signifies not to own it signifies own for a cause / Goal . And non attachment is connected with result . We have no control over result so never fee sorrow or happy about the outcome .