Most of us feel that after a certain level we get stuck and it becomes difficult for us to expand in our business . Managing more become difficult and expansion looks just impossible .
The idea is creating a “self driven process “ of whatever either things are automated or delegated or team management is such that the things progress effortlessly.
Research also shows that most of the organisations whether it is in Banking sector or any industry . The founder is not involved in the day to day activity but still the organisation progress every day .
I will share a story of Dr Vikram Shah Founder Of Shalby Hospital chain from Ahmedabad . Recently I had an opportunity to visit his Facility at his hospital at Ahmedabad for my mother’s both knees replacement surgery . Few interesting learning on “managing more “ in less time and with less resources from Dr Vikram Shah .
1) Each and every patient who come from
All across India to him for operation of his or her knees , comes with a preconceived idea that he is getting operated from the “best Doctor “ – Trust Factor is huge
2) Second all the people who have got operated though him have got a good experience and they say good about him . And most of the time a person will say good when he has got operated with someone . ( it’s like before engagement all girls looks ok but after engagement the girl who is fixed is the best in the world for the boy ) Whatever you don’t have ,you have no idea about that any way . 99% Of people who get operated talk in favour of the doctor only – Own ship and it become a prestigious matter to talk about him .
3) The Hospital is not a world class . Nor are the facilities Five star . But the staff is very cooperative and cordial . They keep smiling and the experience of the patient is always good . Each and every nurse , attendant ,staff ,mediclaim department and junior doctors start with smile and end with smile . In all 9 days stay of my mother , she never complained on anything related to this . She was quite happy and satisfied .- Cordial Staff will leave life long experience to client . If staff is not cordial the client will become dissatisfied some or other day .
4) Brand Of Dr Vikram Shah because of this has become very big and he gets multiple cases every day . Some time number of cases per day morning shift ranges between 20-30 . May be even more . The day my mother got operated Dr Vikram Shah operated 16 knees of 11 different people (5 people two knees and 6 people one knee ). All of the 11 patients were taken to operation theatre at 7.30 am and patient with one knee replacement were released at around 9.30- 10am and and patient with both knee replacement were released at 11.30-12noon . All surgeries were successful .
Now the question is how can one person operate so many legs at a time every day . Is that possible humanly . Is it possible in a service oriented work . The answer is yes it is done every day on a regular basis . Let’s see what is done in such cases . Not only for knee , but there are doctors who do the same for heart surgical operation also . Some factors which make this possible are –
1) For each patient there is a separate doctor dedicated .
2) All the per requisite are taken care by the team
3) All Set up in OT is done in such a way that there is no time lag and things move smoothly .
4) Only special role of putting the artificial knee into the patient’s leg is done by the Key Doctor and rest of the procedure is probably take care by the team .
5) All this is done at a super efficient level of perfection
6) For all files of patient it’s Admitting Dr Vikram shah and operating doctor also Dr Vikram Shah . The trust factor is appropriately capitalised and kept intact .
My learning from this episode is that when in a profession like that of doctor things can become so process oriented and can be expanded manifold time . What is the problem in other business . Specially service oriented works .
The problem is people/ entrepreneurs do not create a process . The idea is just to create a process and experience the power of creating a process driven organisation . To become a service provider . Becoming an entrepreneurs is the key . You can only expand if your
2) Franchise other
3) Teach your secrets to others (duplicate yourself )
4) if you are willing to share your portion of income with others .
5) create a process where people working with you are also earning manifold
The growth become huge and can be a win win situation for Service provider , service receiver and all associates who give service along with the key provider .
In case of Dr Vikram Shah it’s he himself , his team and all his patient are satisfied and happy . It’s win win for everyone .
I m into a profession of managing wealth portfolio of my clients . I used to thing how can I scale up . How can I reach out to maximum number of people around me . How can I make it not only national but Global . Dr Vikram Shah has inspired me . I came here for my mother’s knee replacement surgery. I m happy for the surgery for sure . But I m going to my city kolkata with an inspiration to “manage more “ create more process oriented stuff and Just Plan More and keep working . I m sure my wealth management business and Volatility Game Franchise will go places and become a win win for millions of people . Each and every person who come in my contact is Growing exponentially and remains happy .